Foundation Graphics Final Major Project

20/05/2010

I had went to the 3D workshop today to ask how I could cut down the wires in the device. Neal was very helpful and had cut down half of the size where I would only use the speaker and the circuit board. He also said that I could use the white disc which was the microphone, and swap it to make it like a speaker because speakers and microphones are practically the same but do different things when we need it to be. We did swap it over but the sound wasnt as loud and clear as the original speaker. I wanted to swap the speaker and microphone because the microphone is smaller and flatter than the speaker and can improve the product significantly, unfortunately in this case it wasn't working for me.

This was great because the shoe polish tin that I spray painted earlier was looking very bulky as a product and not stackable friendly. Using a sealable lid like a McVities biscuit lid would work well but I still face the same problem with space. With the reduced circuit board I have reduced this problem but not enough... but will need to venture out again to find a suitable lid or something.