Foundation Graphics Final Major Project

17/05/2010

Braille gird





I've created a "braille grid" using the same dimensions as the braille I ordered from the RNIB during my research. From this I can affix my braille text and align it how I want. I am only going to do braille over the title and the quanities of the products beause not all of the brailled ingredients can fit and takes up alot of space.

With the braille I have carefully used a blunt pin and pushed it on the other side of the paper like old style braille technique. This technique has made my hand painful after a while but have plastered up my fingers and worn a glove for protection. I had to try 3 attempts of each design to master the pressure of pushing the pin because I kept punching holes through them all. After a few attempts I have finally successfully made the braille on my 3 tinned cans. I have really liked the way the braille has come out and really think its a beautiful typeface (if i can call it that?). I think it gets easy to learn after constructing the braille together.