Foundation Graphics Final Major Project

22/05/2010


I finally found a lid!

In Morrisons I found some lids used for cat food tins but when I put the device in there was a slight bump caused by the size. This frustrated me and I was tempted to just leave it like that. However I thought of the idea to double up the lids and make the device double insulated which allowed more room in between and plus I do not have to worry about the can being short circuited by the tin. This also allows the lid to be easily removed without the worry of the circuit board collapsing. I can then glue the lids together and than hopefully becomes successful. I had to do some test drill holes to see the size, the texture that gets create and how everything will be placed. After a few tries I proceeded to the real thing!




I decided not to glue the two lids together because I can imagine some dodgy shape as the result and some glue being visible... So I decided to tape it together carefully and unoticeably and this made a more secure smooth finish. For the switch I had coloured a piece of plastic and cut it to shape and then glue it to the device and when pushed and held down, sound is emitted.




I had to drill a larger hole for the speaker's "bum" to rest into in order to make more room for the device to sit inside properly.


I'm very happy with the lids and think it was much better than the shoe polish container because it is now less bulky and securely tight on the cans which if otherwise could have caused some serious damage, both to the producs and user. ALso if I was to make the shoe polish container to stick on the can magnetically, then this could have risked the device to be short circuited and would be a useless device.