Foundation Graphics Final Major Project

09/05/2010



After thinking about how to integrate sound system into the can, I searched everywhere online for any micro recorders/speakers and they were either out of my budget or didn't have the recording option. I even contemplated taking apart a dictaphone but I think that would be too extreme and very expensive to do. After searching online for different parts, I remembered about the cards where you opened it up and it would make a voice activated greeting and recall seeing ones where you can record your own. After searching on ebay I had found a seller who was selling them so I ordered 1... the following night I had popped down to Tesco's to see if they sold any but was unsuccessful in finding one, but I did find a sealable lid that could stuck on thetop of the lid and where the device can be placed in between. When I got home that night I placed the lid onto the tin and realised there was not enough room for the device to fit inside and would have to extend the lid higher in 3D workshop or find a different solution. The next morning I went to Clinton's to see if they had any recordable cards and had fortunately found one, but for double the price of the one on ebay. I had also found a shoe polish container which looked like it would fit nicely on top of the can. When I got home I had spray painted the container orange for obvious visual purposes and then drilled some holes into the container and when placed together it worked fine. I like this container much better as it gives much room to work with but although it is quite large, I fear that it won't be suitable for stacking purposes. This talking lid is to be left sitting on top of the tin and possibly be magnetic, but am not sure whether it will disrupt the circuit or not but will need to ask someone. I think if this was to be a real product the lid can be purchased either by itself or with the can. To activate the device I will need a plastic piece which pushes down to the circuit and needs to be held down for the recording to be finished.