Foundation Graphics Final Major Project

14/04/2010

Questionnaires for Optometrists'

Today I went to two major high street opticians to see if they could spare some time to answer some questions for me. Unfortunately when I came back after 4 hours, both returned the questionnaire blank and said that the optometrists didn't have any time to fill it out. However the optometrists at D&A did point out that the questions were too specific for her to answer and advised me to go to a centre in Colliers Wood who provide support and information for the visually impaired and kindly handed me a leaflet. Looking at the leaflet I noticed that it was printed in large print with simple colours of black, white and blue. There are no pictures and symbols displayed which could suggest that they are not neccessary to a person who has low vision. Although my questionnaires were not filled out (which felt quite dissapointing) I do feel glad that I was redirected to a more specific centre and hope that I make that visit sometime this week. I think the colours and the layout of this leaflet will benefit me towards my development.